It is our constant wish after a tiring week to seek respite on weekends. The mere thought of entering the kitchen seems like a big chore. On Sundays especially, I aim to sleep from dawn to dusk and back again. Our beautiful body & soul needs pampering and comfy sleep as a reward for all the hard work we do during the entire week. A hot black coffee and an exquisite book to read, while slouching on my couch with my turtles, is always my thing to do on a weekend. PS: my turtles love to play hide and seek with me (It’s a task to find them as they are too small).Nevertheless, there is always a small desire in our hearts to hog on something really tasty and new as it’s the weekend! A piping hot and ridiculously delicious dish is always my family’s awaited meal for a weekend lunch.
Here, I’ve got a quick and a healthy recipe that can be pre-cooked, so there is scope for you to relish and actually enjoy the meal with your friends and family. Or just take a break and drown in the realm of pleasure like me:D. Mumbai gallis offer a wide range of stalls selling various types of Frankie that kids and adults alike are a huge fan of. There is enormous amount of chat masala and vinegar chilies added to make the wrap mouth-watering. I think, we Indians are die-hard enthusiasts for spiced-up (thikka, chatpata and masaledar) meals anytime of the day ;).So this post is just right for those who want to try out and relish a wholesome meal with very little effort. We’re using chickpea- garlic hummus and roasted sweet potato wedges which consists of the perfect combo of good carbs and nutrition for your health. If you want to keep it light, you can just make a salad of this recipe instead of a wrap for a savory dish.
It’s a flavorsome Lebanese-inspired wrap that my family has relished for brunch at all times. Just let yourself play with all the available veggies in your kitchen and left over rotis. You can also use leftover hummus as a dip for salads or as a spread. It’s a healthy and economical option for those days when you don’t want to cook at all or looking for something quick and easy. Egg lovers can also add an egg omelette in this wrap – making it a full power-packed meal.
- 300 gms Sweet Potato
- 3 tbsp Besan/ Garam flour
- 1 Sliced Capsicum/ Bell Peppers
- 1 Sliced Onion
- 1 beetroot and raddish
- 1 cup hummus (home-made recipe)
- Crushed Black pepper/Salt
- 4 Rotis / Whole wheat Tortillas
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ Lemon
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- We shall make the sweet potato falafel for which we need to boil the sweet potato, add pinch of salt while boiling.
- Peel the skin and smash the potatoes, add salt, lemon, cumin powder, coriander powder, gram flour, coriander leaves, blend it all in a processor/mixer. Don’t add water at all. It needs to be a thick batter, once all well mixed, make medium size balls.
- Heat uppam pan for cooking oil- free fritters/falafel. Grease the pan with little oil, add the sweet potato balls in each cavity and let them cook on each side for 3 min respectively or until its golden in colour. If you don’t have an uppam pan, you can even make tikki and cook them on a skillet.
- Now make a Wrap! Place a roti on a plate/butter paper, spread hummus, 3 sweet potato falafel and veggies like capsicum, onions, beet root and radish.
- Dash some salt and crushed black pepper on the wrap.
- Add mayo over and ………… its ready to roll it!!
- Serve it with chick-pea hummus and veggies on side.
Hope you do make this lovely and yummy wrap and relish it friends and family. 😀