Everyone is regularly used to eating methi paratha, theplas and much more, which are just that much more lip-smacking with curd and pickle. More so, with the magical touch of our mothers homemade rotis and parathas taste just that much more heavenly. Hey, you bachelors have a huge scope to stay healthy and fit with little effort!
Quick recipe: – Store the dough with your favourite finely chopped veggie. Mix the chopped vegetables while kneading dough to make the parathas. It will help you to save time and cook faster, when in hurry. The dough can be used for a minimum of two days, depending on the veggies you have added. This is the best way to eat veggie and rotis in one meal. This quick and easy paratha can be made more flavoursome by adding Indian masalas, carom seeds, sesame seeds, roasted jeera and kasuri methi in the dough.
Today we have a plethora of healthy items like spinach, carom seeds, barley flour and wheat flour in the recipe. A good source of nutrition should be never neglected in food items. So here we go with one more recipe to add to your diary in the health section. People who are looking to lose weight should try their hands at this simple and quick recipe – trust me, it is worth!
Barley is quite a famous go-to ingredient among the aficionados of weight watchers. In addition to its robust taste and wholesomeness – it can be used to make soup or add a table spoon of barley to your normal dal. It will not only add a distinct flavour but also increase the nutritional value of your meal. So, buy the white germy grain and grind into flour to keep handy!
This is something I end up eating when I am too bored to cook for myself, so let’s get started!
- 1 cup barley flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, plus extra for dusting and rolling
- 1 cup spinach puree, to knead the dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon carom seeds
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the dry ingredients and add oil to it.
- Gradually add pure spinach puree without any water mixed through it and start kneading the dough.
- Place a small portion of the dough on a rolling pin and shape it into flat bread.
- Cook the bread on a pre-heated pan.
- Apply oil/ghee on the cooked side. Flip it over and cook each side.
- Plate it with some curd and pickle. Enjoy!
Do comment below if you have you tricks to make is more yummy.