During a Grand Indian Wedding or other social gatherings, our eyes are always questing after some delicious starters to nibble. Are you one of them? Or, does this remind you of those close ones who go to weddings, just to relish delicacies? I have a few people in my family itself, who go to weddings just with the mind-set of munching on rich and luxurious meals. When we can choose from so many food items served, why not? Just like that, today’s recipe is an absolutely cheesy and delicious starter that you will remember for a long time to come.
In our house, samosas & kachoris never run out of fashion to offer to our guests. But….these potato-cheese twist with the hidden surprise of cheese…are going to make your guests a fan of your cooking, trust me!! If the starters are served piping hot and have that crunch, it is heaven in each bite. Cheese gives it that extra punch of yumminess – which I would never miss in any case. These magical and lip-smacking twisities definitely top my list of favourite dishes. P.S.: You can keep these potato-sticks ready in advance and just fry them when needed to be served.
There are many ways to make these sticks, you can change the shape, make them round or square. If you wish to add finely chopped veggies in the mashed potatoes to make it interesting, do that. I have tried a twist of sweet potatoes mix which was just perfect. The half and half proportion of sweet potatoes mixed with potato mash only enhances the taste and gave the twisties a distinct flavour. You can use other options of peas, carrots, beetroot or only potatoes to add to your filling. There is huge room for you to make this recipe anyway you want and be playful while cooking. The additive layer of bread offers an impeccable crunch and keeps the cheese-potatoes mixture intact. So enjoy:
For the Masala
- Potatoes – 7 (boiled, refrigerated and mashed)
- Coriander 1/4 cup
- Ginger – 2 inch
- Green Chillies – 2
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Kasoori methi – 1/2 tsp whole and ½ tsp powder
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Amchoor powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Chilli flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Saunf – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder & seeds – 1/2 tsp each
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Bread slice- 8 &crumbs – 1 cup
- Refined flour – 1/4 cup
- Cheese slice- 4
- Boil the potatoes and mash it, in a pan add in the oil and masalas and mix well
- add coriander -ginger paste in potato mix all well, cook all for 5 min
- Cut the corners of the bread slices, add potato mixture then cheese slice, roll it
- Take some refined flour (maida) in a bowl and add some water to make a paste.
- dip the vet rolls in bread crumbs and shape them well.
- Fry them in medium hot oil and serve garnished with green chutney and sauce.
Hope you like this recipe, follow us to get new recipes every week! Until then take care!! 🙂