A mother feels so exultant when her precious kid eats healthy meals or at least finish whatever has been prepared. I have many young moms around me who are often worried and upset about their little universe (kid) not eating a proper diet. I know it’s inevitable when kids throw all those tantrums and your many attempts of cooking something they actually like, fail. But don’t lose hope, it’s an on-going process that needs to evolve each day gradually.
One trick that never fails to encourage them is to participate in cooking with you and eventually clean that plate (eat all the food served to them). This should help kids to connect with food and develop fondness towards veggies and fruits. Do give them what they like to eat but also add things you think is important for them to eat. Balance those meals in the right portion or if you need to, even secretly (mash, squeeze, and cover) serve those veggies and fruits. Only your love, affection and eating habits will boost that power and sense in them to be a healthy eater. This recipe is for every family to relish. Even you are going to drool over this Creamy Spinach Basil Pasta.
As I LOVE being in the company of my friends’ and relatives’ beautiful kids, I’m partial to cook this PASTA today!!! Huraaay!! Hold on my dearest mummies….I’ve got a trick to keep this meal nutritious, okay? How about we add a twist of spinach with some nuts and milk, NO REFINED FLOUR used! You can try whole wheat pasta as well. So all in all, the goodness of green veggies with creamy pasta evolves into a delicious meal with a little cheese added in to tease your children’s taste buds. Do give spinach-baby corn pasta a shot!
Check the recipe on You Tube
- 2 cups pasta (Any)
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 tsp. peanuts curshed
- ¼ cup tulsi/ basil
- ½ cup baby corn
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ cup cheese (Grated) I have used slice cheese..
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. olives
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup tomatoes and bell peppers (optional)
- Boil the pasta for 3-5 minutes with some salt and a teaspoon of oil until it’s soft.
- In a deep pan add olive oil and sauté the garlic until it turns brown.
- Add in nuts, baby corn, finely chopped basil & spinach.
- Once the spinach is cooked partially, add milk.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes and season with pepper and salt.
- Mix in the pasta and cheese. Cover with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Add olives, bell peppers & tomatoes
- Garnish with some cheese! Serve hot!